From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Natanael Copa <mlists@××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] getting started with uclibc
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:28:46
1 On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 10:58, Natanael Copa wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 >
4 > >On Thursday 29 July 2004 10:08 am, Natanael Copa wrote:
7 > >>Are there any list or documentation on what it takes to make things
8 > >>compile?
9 > >>
10 > >>
11 > >
12 > >none that i know of
16 > I found out that i helps to comment out CHOST in /etc/make.conf. My list
17 > with working apps is increasing :)
18 >
19 > Actually, no I have only 2 apps on my not-working list:
20 >
21 > host (needed by openswan)
22 > squid
23 >
24 > >>I have a list here of apps that won't compile. (like groff)
25 > >>
26 > >>
27 > >
28 > >currently we're not building with C++ support :)
29 > >groff requires C++
33 > no manpages :-/
34
35 manpages are optional. We talked and decided that most people wont
36 really need info/man/doc pages in there uclibc build environments so we
37 enable FEATURES="noman nodoc noinfo" by default.
38 If you wish to install the manpages then enable FEATURES="-noman"
41 > I can live with that
44 > --
45 > gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list
46 --
47 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
48 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer