From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] stripping down an uclibc system
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:37:56
1 Hello!
2
3 I have sent to solar an uclibc based stage1, please solar put it to some
4 location, so others can use it too (the only problem is the perl build,
5 attached is a replacement)
6
7 I want to gather some ideas what and how to strip down the system
8 my ideas:
9 - perl could omit i18/encodings (use nls), limiting it to what a
10 dev-system requires (autotools), microperl is not usable alone, it
11 requires modules, and haven't tested if it work w/ those, haven't tested
12 yet miniperl, but it would only be usable, if it can load modules.
13 Could someone make a list of required perl modules used by the autotools?
14 - busybox replacing most of coreutils/util-linux, maybe iputils, but for
15 this the baselayout scripts have to be modified
16 - gcc limiting to c w/o c++
17 - does anyone know of a groff replacement for man-pages (not c++ based)?
18
19 any other?
20
21 Peter