From: Natanael Copa <mlists@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] x86 SBC Gentoo Embedded HotTo version 0.08
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:45:19
Tuurlijk wrote:

> Isn't -fomit-frame-ponter automatically enabled when using -Os? > > Op 21-sep-05 om 16:48 heeft Pierre Cassimans het volgende geschreven: > >>> -fomit-frame-pointer >> >
>From the gcc man page:
-O also turns on -fomit-frame-pointer on machines where doing so does not interfere with debugging. If I have undestood this correctly, -fomit-frame-pointer does interfere with debugging on x86 so -O does not turn it on. In other words: On x86 -Os does not turn on -fomit-frame-pointer. Correct me if I'm wrong. -- Natanael Copa -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list