From: Bertrand Jacquin <beber@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] multi-project workflow
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 00:04:37
1 D'ar lun 05 a viz Meurzh 2012 e 23 eur 03, « Ed W » he deus skrivet :
2 > On 01/03/2012 23:11, Bertrand Jacquin wrote:
3 > > All the things I use are available in a tar tree here :
4 > >
5 > > http://people.meleeweb.net/~beber/gentoo/boest-gentoo.tgz
6 > >
7 > > Comments are welcome !
8 >
9 > That's really very neat. My only observation is: have you considered
10 > trying portage profiles to further simplify things? They are basically
11 > cascadable and inherit from each other, so you can do some clever tricks
12 > to reduce duplication (I use it on our servers quite extensively)
13
14 This is a good idea yes. All the stuff is more a proof of concept for now
15 but this is an interesting approach but I only have one build server but
16 this evolve in some times. Using portage profile can be eas with own
17 overlay.
18
19 > One of the things I haven't quite got under control is a simplified
20 > patching process for ebuilds to avoid creating many local ebuilds.
21
22 I also have many patched ebuilds but I try to report them in gentoo
23 bugzilla to keep things maintained and so people can benefit.
24
25 > I'm
26 > currently experimenting with using the /etc/portage/env type process via
27 > bashrc. I use an "autopatch" type idea, and also read in extra bashrc
28 > files per package. However, it's not very well integrated with my build
29 > tracking process (but it works quite nicely...)
30
31 Why not using epatch_user in a generic (profile or bashrc) post_src_prepare() ?
32
33 function post_src_prepare()
34 {
35 function inherit() { : ; }