From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP update
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:32:53
1 On Wednesday 27 February 2008 03:07:30 Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 23:05 +0100, Petr Podrabsky wrote:
3 [snip]
4
5 > > Is it possible to update gnap with some current portage and how? Thanks
6 >
7 > AFAIK GNAP is/has been discontinued. The developer that developed it is
8 > no longer with us. It obtained a newer dev at some point but clearly
9 > nothing has been fixed.. So you probably want to look elsewhere..
10 There is still some active developers, unfortunately infrastructure access is
11 not yet in place. Please drop by #gentoo-gnap on Freenode.
12
13 > And also the above error is correct.. uclibc is not supported for
14 > gcc-2.95.x at Gentoo. In fact if it were any of my business I'd question
15 > why the heck you are trying to use gcc-2.95.x in the first place..
16 Wrt portage snapshots, some work and others don't (at least with my locally
17 patched GNAP). I last tried rebuilding with uclibc and gcc-4.x in december. I
18 can't remember the exact date of the portage snapshot right now though I can
19 look it up on my build machine if you want?
23 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen (Jaervosz)
24 Gentoo Linux Security Team
25 http://security.gentoo.org
26 --