From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Gnap and google SOC
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:01:53
1 Hi there,
2
3 On Wednesday 25 March 2009 19:02:30 wireless wrote:
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > Is GNAP and the Google summer of Code going to
7 > complete the work on making GNAP current?
8 With some fixes it is still possible to build GNAP. I just successfully build
9 from the 20090319 snapshot and you have to tinker abit to make everything
10 work. I haven't had the chance to test the build yet though.
11
12 I haven't yet tested the final stages to see if they actually boot.
13
14 > Any discussion of the GNAP plans are most welcome.
15 > I have a bunch of old 486-P1 that I like to
16 > put GNAP on for kids and teenagers to use
17 > as the basis of projects and experimentation.
18 > Lots of this old hardware is everywhere
19 > and embedded gentoo on it, makes a lot
20 > of sense for teenagers to tinker around with....
21 I'm not really sure that I'd use GNAP for this task though without X and many
22 other normal applications. I think I would try DSL on a USB thumbdrive.....
25 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
26 Gentoo Linux Security Team