From: Ryan Baldwin <ryan.baldwin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-embedded] Problem cross compiling modular X
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:38:19
1 Hi,
2
3 >This then leads onto the next problem emerge'ing 'libX11'.
4 >
5 > 'checking whether malloc(0) returns NULL... configure: error: cannot
6 >run test program while cross compiling'.
7 >
8 >I'm quite new to cross compiling. I can see what the problem is - configure
9 >cant run any programs in the target environment to fill out config.guess -
10 >because its running on the host. Is there any well known way of working
11 >around this other then trying to manually write a config.guess for the
12 >packages that can't configure themselves for the target environment?
13
14 I have resolved this problem I think by referring to the Xorg cross
15 compilation guide. It seems I need to pass --enable-malloc0returnsnull to
16 configure, set CC_FOR_BUILD and apply a few patches.
17
18 This appears to indicate though that cross compiling Xorg is not really
19 supported under gentoo? Presumably this would be done when the 'cross' USE
20 flag is set otherwise? Is this the case or am I missing something obvious ?
21
22 >Since sending my last post I have found:
23 >
24 > cp -r /tmp/target/usr/include/X11
25 >/usr/i686-pc-linux-uclibc/sys-include/
26 >
27 >'fools' it into building. Does anyone know a 'proper' way of getting this
28 >working ?
29
30 This though despite much searching I can't seem to find out what I
31 should(the proper way) do to make these header files available to the cross
32 compiler ?
36 Thanks
37 Ryan
41 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list