From: Heath Holcomb <liquidcable@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Modular Xorg with embedded Gentoo
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:20:16
1 I tried to compile the new modular xorg last night, and everything went OK. I
2 thought there might be problems compiling against uClibc, but there were
3 none.
4
5 I did not deploy the build to my target yet, so I don't know if X actually
6 works yet.
7
8 My build went from the basic embedded gentoo of about 5 MB (-kernel) to 72 MB.
9 So much to large for most embedded flash sizes. Although if you use a
10 Compact flash, that size might be OK. But the ebuild xorg-x11 I used is the
11 standard meta ebuild that brings in over 100 packages.
12
13 I'll start working on only emerging the package I need for basic X
14 functionality for embedded systems (xserver, xclient, mouse, keyboard,
15 specific video card driver). I'll then add a new section to the x86 how-to.
16
17 Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.
20 heath holcomb
21 liquidcable at bulah.com
22 www.bulah.com
23 --