From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] adding non POSIX funcs to uclibc
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 11:01:28
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm working getting open-iscsi to work with uclibc. I actually got it
4 working with some hacks.
5
6 what I did was to comment out the code that checks if harware address
7 corresponds to net device. It uses getifaddrs which is not implemented
8 in uclibc.
9
10 Second was lots of use of scandir(...., versionsort). I implemented
11 versionsort (and strverscmp) in uclibc and sent a patch to uclibc list.
12
13 On a second thought, I'm not so sure that we really want have lots on
14 non-POSIX things in uclibc.
15
16 So my question is, should we try patching each package that uses those
17 non-implemented, non-POSIX things or shoudl we try to add those funcs to
18 uclibc?
19
20 I have prepared an uclibc-0.9.28.3-r2 with updated sys/queue.h (only
21 macros), updated netdb.h (adding some defines so gawk will compile
22 again) and an implementaiton of strverscmp and versionsort. I'm just not
23 sure if we want the strverscmp and versionsort in there.
24
25 Should I add get/freeifaddrs too?
26
27 -nc