From: bscuser <smarras.bsc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GCC 4.3 fails on mpfr
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:40:15
1 Hi there, sorry for writing again on this issue, but I have not been able to
2 solve the problem with the configure command on GCC 4.3 due to the
3 dependency on MPFR and GMP.
4
5 I have them both installed correctly and the headers are in their own build
6 directories, while the library files (*.a) are in /usr/local/lib.
7 This verified, I tried different options among which the following,
8
9 ../configure --with-gmp=/Users/simone/myApplications/gmp-4.2.4/
10 --with-gmp-lib=/usr/local/lib/libgmp.a
11 --with-mpfr=/Users/simone/myApplications/mpfr-2.4.0/
12 --with-mpfr-lib=/usr/local/lib/libmpfr.a
13
14 but obtaining again the same error from the configure call:
15
16 configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.3.0+.
17 Try the --with-gmp and/or --with-mpfr options to specify their locations.
18 Copies of these libraries' source code can be found at their respective
19 hosting sites as well as at ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.
20 See also http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional info.
21 If you obtained GMP and/or MPFR from a vendor distribution package, make
22 sure that you have installed both the libraries and the header files.
23 They may be located in separate packages.
26 Why is this happening? What is it that I am not telling the configure to do
27 ?
28
29 Thank you in advance
30 S.M.
37 dilip_ wrote:
38 >
39 > Hi,
40 > I am trying to build a cross compiler toolchain using 'crossdev 'and the
41 > gcc source version is gcc-4.3.0
42 >
43 > I am getting following errors while configuring gcc-stage1,
44 > {{
45 > checking for correct version of gmp.h... yes
46 > checking for correct version of mpfr.h... no
47 > configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.3.0+.
48 > Try the --with-gmp and/or --with-mpfr options to specify their
49 > locations.
50 > Copies of these libraries' source code can be found at their respective
51 > hosting sites as well as at ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.
52 > See also http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional
53 > info.
54 > If you obtained GMP and/or MPFR from a vendor distribution package, make
55 > sure that you have installed both the libraries and the header files.
56 > They may be located in separate packages.
57 >
58 > !!! ERROR: cross-sh4-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-4.3.0 failed.
59 > Call stack:
60 > }}
61 >
62 > I understand the pre-requisite for gcc-4.3 is mpfr 4.1+ but I am not
63 > sure how to pass '--with-mpfr' configure options to gcc.
64 >
65 > Any help will be highly appreciated
66 >
67 > With kind regards,
68 > Dilip
69 > --
70 > gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list
77 Sent from the gentoo-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.