From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] The uclibc USE flag is now obsolete.
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:26:18
1 A day or two ago I obsoleted the uclibc USE flag.
2
3 It's been replaced by taking advantage of the ELIBC=uclibc in the
4 profiles/uclibc/make.default which later gets automatically expanded in
5 the ebuilds to "elibc_uclibc" by profiles/base/make.defaults USE_EXPAND
6
7 This method has the advantage that USE="-*" now works without breaking
8 our dependency trees and we don't need to have uclibc listed in the
9 actual ebuilds IUSE= anymore.
10
11 The only downside is a cosmetic one. The name seems goofy as the
12 'e' prefix has been used in the past for mostly portage related tools.
13 But we should get used to it in due time.
14
15 Anyway if anybody notices any problems with this change please let me
16 know either via mail or bugzilla.
19 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
22 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list