From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gentoo-embedded buildroot utility
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:36:43
1 On Wednesday 14 March 2007 23:45, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > > Bass and myself are trying to continue GNAP developement. ATM outside of
3 > > official Gentoo infrastructure. At least I've fixed most reported bugs
4 > > locally and updated everything so it still builds and runs fine.
5 >
6 > Any plans for cross support?
7 Currently I've only tried building for x86 from x86 and amd64 hosts. I tried
8 getting my hands on Koon's efika board to play around, but it got lost
9 somewhere in the mail so he never even received it. If I had any other arches
10 I'd play around with it for sure:-)
11
12 > > I think Bass is playing around with an idea to make packages somewhat
13 > > like ipkg packages for OpenWRT.
14 >
15 > We did this years ago and stopped it cuz it was a bad idea. I even had
16 > an tbz2ipkg script and for a brief period of time. We even had
17 > multi-packages at one point. In the end the only way I saw to move
18 > forward with proper gentoo intrgration was to accept that our native
19 > format is .tbz2 and it would be best to work with it. (ala qmerge in
20 > portage-utils..)
21 Well, for most of my uses I simply don't have a need for it. I burn a custom
22 CD/CF and just use that. No need to suddenly install application XYZ. I'm not
23 sure what Bass had in mind for this. I never got around to discuss it in
24 detail with him.
25
26 > > I'm here if you have any questions.
27 >
28 > What's the meaning of life?
29 I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of my life:-)
32 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen (Jaervosz)