From: Carsten Salveter <gentoo@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] How to start?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:51:42
1 stephane ancelot schrieb:
2
3 Hi Stephane,
6 > Hi,
7 > I would tell it depends on your application needds :
10 > is it a network or automation or other application ?
13 I want ro create a control system for an industrial application. The
14 system has to check an control some parameters from RS232 and LPT Port.
15 Maybe USB support in the future. Some parameters has to be visualized on
16 a lvds display.
17
18 Network is not needed for the first time, maybe in the future.
19
20 > need for X11 ?
21 Yes, or do you habe an other idea to feed a lvds display?
22
23 > do you need a write access in the targetted file system ?
24
25 Yes, I guess that's may be a problem for the flash memory. I have to
26 store some parameters from my applicaton. At the moment
27 I have no idea how to do that without to crash the flash.
30 > Best Regards
31 > Steph
34 regards
35 Carsten