From: Dean Ezra <dean@×××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Chroot error: chroot: 'cannot execute /bin/bash: No such file or directory' on NSLU2 to Gentoo root
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 17:48:35
1 Hi,
2
3 I am trying to follow the Wiki instructions for putting Gentoo onto
4 the NSLU2 at:
5
6 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Linksys_NSLU2
7
8 However, I am getting an error when trying to chroot into the gentage
9 stage that is on the USB disk.
10
11 I have burned the openslug firmware and created the root filesystem
12 (from the stage3 tar.bz2) and now have ssh login to nslu2.
13
14 But when I run the following commands:
15
16 # mount -o bind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev
17 # mount -o bind /dev/pts /mnt/gentoo/dev/pts
18 # mount -t proc none /mnt/gentoo/proc
19 # cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/gentoo/etc/
20 # chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
21
22 I get the following error on the last line (the chroot command)
23
24 chroot: cannot execute /bin/bash: No such file or directory
25
26 I have checked for /bin/bash, but it doesnt exist.
27
28 I have also tried using the 'sh' shell instead (which does exist as a
29 link to busybox). But I get the same error (but with sh not being
30 about to be executed).
31
32 Please can someone help?
33 If any of you have run through these steps, I would appreciate the help.
34
35 Thankyou in advance
36
37 Dean