From: paul k <pkoelle@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] liveCD with uClibc and catalyst
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:53:28
1 Hi *,
2
3 first, if this topic has been discussed over and over in the past,
4 please give me a hint where to look for (I'm new on this list). That
5 said, has anybody created a uClibc based liveCD and is it a good idea to
6 use catalyst? I wonder if it is worth the hassle at all, as a CD has
7 enough room for a standard system. The result should do dynamic routing
8 stuff and basic services for a small network on old x86 hardware. Are
9 there any benefits on old hardware performance wise in using uClibc
10 busybox and friends? Since I'm really a newbie in that area I'd
11 appreciate all comments gratefully.
12
13 thanks
14 Paul