From: "Melton
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-embedded] arm11 tool chain
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:56:25
1 Thank you very much for your response Sven. I will give that a go.
2
3 Jason
4
5 -----Original Message-----
6 From: Sven Rebhan [mailto:odinshorse@××××××××××.com]
7 Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:30 AM
8 To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
9 Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] arm11 tool chain
10
11 2009/6/29 Melton, Jason <jason.melton@×××××××.com>:
12 Hey!
15 http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX31).
17 > build for this embedded processor would I use:
18 >
19 > arm-unknown-linux-gnu
20
21 Reading the webpage linked it seems like that thing has a hardware FPU,
22 so you can use your suggestion. However, arm-unknown-linux-gnu will
23 procude ARM OABI code. You might also want to try
24
25 arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
26
27 to use ARM EABI instead. See
28
29 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/index.xml?part=1&ch
30 ap=3
31
32 Furthermore according to
33 http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/ARM1136JF-S.html
34 http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.3/gcc/ARM-Options.html#ARM-Options
35
36 I would use
37
38 -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s
39
40 in the CFLAGS.
41
42 Have fun!
43
44 Sven
45
46 --------------------------------------------------------------------
47 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This transmission is intended solely for the use of the individual(s)
48 to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
49 or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
50 If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
51 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby
52 notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
53 copying of or taking of any action in reliance upon this communication is strictly prohibited.
54 If you have received this communication in error, please delete it
55 from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the
56 sender of the error by reply e-mail.