From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: boot linux without a bios on intel platform
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:10:15
1 On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 >> Hi,
8 >> I'm facing a problem.
9 >> I have an intel board, and the bios boots after 22sec.
10 >> Is it possible to boot the linux without a bios.
11 >> Maybe have grub jump from an eeprom or something.
12 >>
13 >> Regards,
14 >> Kfir
17 > I have spoke in irc #gentoo-embedded with landley and he explained some
18 > stuff about my question regarding coreboot, uboot on x86.
19 > I have attached the log, because I think its very valuable what landley
20 > said.
21 >
22 > Regards,
23 > Kfir
24 >
25 Sorry, I'll attach it as a txt document
26
27 Kfir

2010.12.23.coreboot.uboot.and.x86.chat.on.irc.gentoo-embedded.txt text/plain