From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] publicy posting email addresses
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:37:35
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I know that we should all be free to write eachother and whatnot, but
4 for the sake of at least some net-anonymity (and certainly a decreased
5 amount of spam) wouldn't it be a wise suggestion to leave out domain
6 names of list members?
7
8 Most other lists that I belong to do not post email addresses publicly.
9 I don't really care for the most part, but i do happen to get some spam,
10 which just .... well ... sucks.
11
12 http://scriptstest.gentoo.org/stats/gentoo-embedded-per-month.xml
13
14 The above site was discovered only while googling the first half of my
15 username, and I doubt that anyone who writes crawl-engines for data
16 mining purposes would _not_ think to replace [at] with @ when adding to
17 the list of spamming targets.
20 Just my 2 cents,
23 ~/Chris