From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Licence compliance - capturing all source files used to make a build?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:07:37
On Wednesday 29 February 2012 09:46:57 Ed W wrote:
> In particular I guess simply capturing the ebuilds is not sufficient and > it's necessary to capture and distribute all the source and patch files > used to create a build. The emerge tool doesn't obviously give a way to > capture this stuff.
file a bug report to add a feature to do this ... something like "buildsrcpkg". it'd automatically bundle up all the eclasses the pkg is using as well as all of $CATEGORY/$PN/.
> At the moment I'm using a bashrc file to grab everything from the build > directory. This seems reasonably robust for source files. However, for > patches I have considered creating a fake patch utility which would > record all the files it operates on. Any other suggestions? Perhaps > catalyst already has done something like that - not familiar with it > though?
if you capture all of the $PORTDIR/$CATEGORY/$PN/ and $A, then there should be no need to manually hook into epatch to capture the patches. there's really no other place these could come from. -mike