From: david@×××××××××.com
To: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
Cc: david@×××××××××.com, Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>, AJ Armstrong <aja@g.o>, Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] base-layout lite
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:01:41
On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 10:09:51PM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> Not in busybox, but you'll find it on http://www.fefe.de/minit/ and there > is a link to another explanation (attached) and configs. >
wow, minit is really cool.... from the docs page: "Minit puts all its configuration-files into /etc/minit by default, but you can change that very easy. Minit brings two companion utilities with it: msvc and pidfilehack. msvc can start and stop processes just like svc from the daemontools. pidfilehack can be used to run daemons like ssh, read the PID and tell minit this PID so minit will know when sshd exits and can restart it." looks like everything we need is already taken care of with minit... * special config info for each service can be set * dependancies * specific CLI switches(parameters) for each service * tracking of run away services(go find th pid!) * logging I've got some things that I've been working with, and I figure adding minit would be a good little test. I'll post my results in the next couple of days. -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list