From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Auto Repair Cross Includes?
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 05:25:20
1 * Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > I've been toying with an idea after seeing a patch which would abort()
6 > when it detected host includes for cross compiles.
7
8 Funny idea, sorts out the dozens of crap makefiles easily (eg. written
9 by those mindless jerks who refuse to learn not to use absolute pathes
10 or explicitly add standard includes).
11
12 > I did not like the idea of aborting as it prevented me from building
13 > pkgs that had the same headers in $ROOT as /.
14
15 sucessfully shot yourself ? ;-o
16
17 > Basic goal detect ^/usr/include and rewrite it to $ROOT/usr/include if
18 > using a cross compiler and ROOT is set.
19
20 #1: why not using the more standard and well-known $SYSROOT variable ?
21
22 #2: why not just using the already existing '=' prefix ?
23
24 #3: WTH do you explicitly add an standard include path like
25 /usr/include ?! It's automatically done by gcc nothings an
26 individual application has to cope with.
29 cu
30 --
32 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
34 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
35 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
36 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
37 http://patches.metux.de/