From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Philippe Bertin <philippe.bertin@×××××××.be>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] xmake ARCH options
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:43:27
1 On Tuesday 06 November 2007, Philippe Bertin wrote:
2 > >I believe you mean xkmake. The list of canonicalized machine names is
3 > >not the same as the linux kernel ARCH.
4 >
5 > I tend to agree with J-C in saying that
6 >
7 > >>It might be worth adding a note to the documentation
8 > >>http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml#xkmake
9 > >>
10 > >>explaining these and other exceptions.
11 >
12 > as I fought the same battle recently :) All this while being quite
13 > impressed on the overall quality of the Gentoo documentation.
14
15 the Gentoo embedded handbook did mention that the portage/tuple values do not
16 match the kernel, but ive added some more stuff to make it explicit.
17 however, i dont plan on adding a full list mapping the three distinct sets.
18 the kernel has been changing arch values over time (ppc and ppc64 were
19 unified into ppc, i386 and x86_64 were unified into x86, ...), so instead i
20 described how you can discover the value yourself.
21 -mike