From: Ryan Baldwin <ryan.baldwin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Broken __builtin_cos on armv4t/gcc3.4.6-r2
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:37:26
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a toolchain built with:
4
5 Crossdev -binutils 2.16.91.0.6 -gcc 3.4.6-r2 -kernel 2.6.16.20 -libc 0.9.28
6 -t arm-softfloat-linux-uclibc
7
8 I am using a portage snapshot 20060703.
9
10 I have found that on the target system - if I invoke std::cos (therefore
11 calling the implementation in libstdc++) - this will hang the calling
12 thread. If I call ::cos (from uclibc.so) this runs fine.
13
14 Looking at the code for libstdc++ it seems it has no cos implementation of
15 it's own but rather relies on the compilers built in implementation - by
16 calling __builtin_cos. It therefore appears that the compiler is generating
17 a broken implementation of this method for my target?
18
19 I have done much searching and as yet not found anyone encountering similar
20 issues. I wonder if anyone has come across such a problem or may have any
21 pointers for finding a resolution?
22
23 Thanks
24 Ryan