From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP status
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 15:10:27
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2
3 >>> Well, I usually like to stay closer to a tree that being maintained.
4 >>>
5 >> If you like you can rebuild the squashfs-porttree every day and update your system
6 >>
7 >> emerge --sync && mk_squashfs_tree && emerge -avb system && emerge -avb world &&
8
9 genpkgindex && rsync_tbz2
10 >>
11 >> :-D
12 >>
13 >> Ned was explaining how to use qmerge a few weeks ago so this my also be an option.
14 >> But Im not sure how (well) qmerge can handle deps?!
17 > It does not handle deps that well at all. Use the -KOq options when
18 > merging stuff with it. Work out what they might be via -pv
21 Well I may go this route. For now, I'm going to research my options.
22 I will most likely wait until the work on GNAP is completed and I
23 can evaluate GNAP.
24
25 I do appreciated all information posted on this thread, as I continue
26 to research my options on how best to use the old i586 and k6 hardware
27 that I maintain for others to use as firewalls, dns servers and
28 terminal servers.
29
30 Here in Tampa Bay, both Bright house(cable) and Verizon (fios) allow
31 multiple static IP addresses, dns services and web services to be
32 hosted on home networks. I'm going the multiple IP route myself, but,
33 I do not want to use new or expensive hardware for these
34 aforementioned servers.
35
36 I have dozens of embedded boards. When it is all completed, I hope to
37 securely connect lots of the various uP, DSP and fpga boards to both
38 ethernet and a terminal server, so folks can developed and test code.
39 It's been a goal for a few years now. Finally, at the end of the
40 summer, my (consulting obligations) will be complete and I'll have the
41 necessary time to build this network for embedded development.
44 James
47 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list