From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gcc-4.6 / bionic
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:03:22
1 Hi James,
2
3 On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:16 AM, wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > On 04/15/11 08:42, Christopher Friedt wrote:
5 > Thanks for the update on your progress. I ran across this interesting
6 > article, where Google is trying to influence ARM offering and more
7 > on licensing:
8
9 I think Google's intention here is really just to reduce fragmentation
10 of Android between Open Handset Alliance members (i.e. manufacturers).
11 It's good in that it eliminates duplicate work between companies
12 targeting Android as a platform and there will be a common base
13 platform. They likely still have a lot of internal code cleanup to do
14 after pushing to get Honeycomb out the door.
15
16 Just to clarify, I'm not planning on doing "Android" development here
17 - I'm just using Bionic. Anyone interested in Android _really_ should
18 adhere to upstream's build system.
19
20 C