From: Abdolmohaimen Siddig <abdo.a2008@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] libnss_dns.so
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 06:39:25
1 The steps are as follows
2
3 1- mkdir -p /root/uclibc/build
4 2- cd /root/uclibc/build
5 3- tar -jxvfp /path/to/stage3....tar.bz2 // ( uclibc stage3 )
6 4- cp -L /etc/resolv.conf /root/uclibc/build/etc
7 5- mkdir -p usr/portage
8 6- mount --bind /usr/portage /root/uclibc/build/usr/portage
9 7- mount –bind /dev /root/uclibc/build/dev
10 8- mount -t proc proc /root/uclibc/build/proc
11 9- chroot /root/uclibc/build /bin/bash
12 10- env-update && source /etc/profile
13 11- in the make.conf I added the following variables
14
15 FEATURES="ccache buildpkg"
16 USE="minimal"
17 PKGDIR="${PORTDIR}/packages/uclibc"
18 UCLIBC_CPU="PENTIUMII
19 ln -snf /usr/portage/profiles/uclibc/x86 /etc/make.profile
20
21 12- emerge -av ccache
22 13- emerge -uavDN world
23 14- emerge -C mktemp
24 15- cp /etc/skel/.bash_profile /etc/skel/.bashrc /root
25
26 The above steps were done for preparing the uclibc build environment knowing
27 that the stage I have used was uclibc stage3
28 then I have unmasked some packages that will be used in building my system (
29 tinygentoo) that will be installed in a compact flash
30 the steps then are as follows:
31 1- mkdir /tinygentoo
32 2- ROOT=/tinygentoo USE=symlink emerge -avk =sys-apps/baselayout-2.0.0
33 uclibc busybox
34
35 then i did all the required symbolic links to busybox and all preparations
36 including the proc and /etc/fstab and then compiled the kernel and made the
37 initramfs , the system in the compact flash work successfully and then I
38 have added many packages like iptables, python and twisted web server and
39 all have worked successfully. the problem arises when i installed dhcp, it
40 can not work neither in the build environment nor in the tinygentoo knowing
41 that my USE flag when I merged uclibc was ( USE="minimal -build -debug
42 -hardened (-iconv) -ipv6 (-nls) -pregen -saveconfig -uclibc-compat
43 -userlocales -wordexp )
46 Thanks very much for reading and replying
47