From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] openssl zlib.h failure for armeb
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:06:51
1 All,
2
3 I'm missing something simple. :-) I successfully built
4 armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc with crossdev with the following versions:
5
6 binutils-2.17
7 gcc-3.4.6
8 linux-headers-2.6.20
9 uclibc-0.9.28.3
10
11 My end-goal is to build my own kernel and jffs image for an NSLU2. I
12 would prefer _not_ to have gentoo on an external drive, which,
13 unfortunately for me, is what google searches pull in a lot of. I'm
14 currently using the Gentoo Cross-Development Guide[1].
15
16 My problem is that openssl-0.9.8{d,e} dies with:
17
18 c_zlib.c:25:18: zlib.h: No such file or directory
19
20 However, I xmerge'd zlib, and zlib.h is in ${ROOT}/usr/include/zlib.h.
21 I could set USE="-zlib", but openssh dies with a similar error, so I
22 eventually need it. And I'd like to find the core of the problem, since
23 this is a learning exercise.
24
25 I think the problem lies in ${SYSROOT} != ${ROOT}, since
26 ${SYSROOT}/usr/include/ doesn't have zlib.h. Which makes sense since
27 crossdev doesn't do that.
28
29 Any clue where I can dig to fix this? Please feel free to point out
30 that the operator is an idiot. :-)
33 Jason.
34
35 [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml