From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] embedded ext2 and fsck
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:03:34
1 On 06/04/2010 15:16, Relson, David wrote:
2 > Over the past month I've encountered numerous "Stale NFS file handle"
3 > errors. The device isn't networked and there's no apparent reason for
4 > them (as best I can tell).
7 I believe (please someone shoot me down) that these types of errors are
8 indicative of some on disk corruption - not sure why it refers to NFS
9 though.
10
11 So I think you have the big problem here that the fsck adds a good chunk
12 to the boot time, but disabling it leads to silent corruption and
13 potentially big problems down the line... One compromise would perhaps
14 be to split the device to read-only and read-write (which I think you
15 may have done?) and this then perhaps allows you to split the disk into
16 high risk and safe data... Now you can play roulette with less important
17 stuff and use ext3, etc with the more important stuff?
18
19 Just an idea
20
21 Good luck