From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross emerging to a given root.
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 00:28:52
1 Shinkan wrote:
2 > So I just emerged GCC 3.4 (my host is compiled with 4.3),
3 > gcc-config selected it.
4 > Would that be sufficient to build my target (by doing emerge
5 > --root=/mytarget --config-root=/myconfig system) en ensure my
6 > target will run GCC 3.4 compiled binaries ?
7
8 Yeah.
11 > I tested it and emerge failed on some ports because installing them
12 > use binaries that complain about not finding required versions of
13 > "CXXABI" or so in libstdc++.
14 > What could I do to fix that ?
15
16 In a later email you write "something" twice instead of providing a
17 complete and full error message. Please always show the exact errors
18 that you encounter, or people will not be able to answer you what to
19 do.
20
21 I find that libstdc++.so.6 from gcc sometimes needs to be included in
22 the target, in order to run some (usually third-party) binaries.
25 //Peter