From: Filip Joelsson <filip@××××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Problems with uclibc stage1]
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:18:02
1 Heh, I started out, doing the n00b error, and replied in private..
2
3 > mån 2004-09-13 klockan 16.25 skrev Mike Frysinger:
4 >
5 > > the only thing i can think of is that some binary code slipped in that exists
6 > > only on pentium4's or better ...
7 >
8 > That was my thought too, but it seems unlikely - doesn't it?
9 >
10 > > or maybe you're trying this on a 2.4 kernel
11 > > and i built the stages against 2.6 headers on a 2.6 kernel ...
12 >
13 > The rescue-cd is running a 2.4 kernel. I'm downloading a gentoo
14 > installation cd with a 2.6 kernel to see if that makes any difference.
15 > I'll report back if it works. <:)
16
17 Yep. It took some time - since my BIOS sure doesn't like anything I put
18 in the CDROM-drive. But it turns out it was the 2.4 kernel that was the
19 problem. Now I have a system that works, thanks!
20
21 /Filip
26 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list