From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] FAQ / How To?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:25:26
On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 10:55 -0500, Dennis Taylor wrote:
> I have tried various ways of building a root fs with uClibc, but to no > avail. I have monitored this list long enough to know that someone > out there has done it. I need to do it for and X86 target that must > fit in about 1.5 MB of flash that gets copied to RAM and started. > > > The "out of the box" configuration I linked to from the uClibc site > fails in various ways. I like the Gentoo way of doing things, but the > HOWTO link I saved a while back does not work. > > Any pointers to documents that would help me succeed would be greatly > appreciated.
Sorry no docs but knowing your space constraints cat /etc/portage/root_install_mask *.a /usr/include /usr/lib/*.o /bin/bb Or just export what you want to mask via the INSTALL_MASK= env var. emerge -b busybox uclibc emerge -B baselayout-lite ROOT=/dev/shm/ROOT \ emerge -KO uclibc busybox baselayout-lite # let busybox set up it's symlinks. mount --bind /proc /dev/shm/ROOT/proc chroot /dev/shm/ROOT/ /bin/sh --login busybox --install -s exit umount /dev/shm/ROOT/proc # these three pkgs should be your base for everything else you need todo. good luck and dont forget to setup your inittab/fstab/init scripts. -- solar <solar@g.o> Gentoo Linux -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list