From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o, Yury German <BlueKnight@××××××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Re: Assistance with Stabilization Testing for Arm
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:03:37
1 On 05/19/14 20:49, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On 05/19/2014 07:53 PM, Yury German wrote:
6 >> Hello,
7 >>
8 >> I am currently part of the Security Team, and am undergoing the final approval for a
9 >> full time member of the security team. I am also interested in arm development (RPI in
10 >>particular (for now at least)). So I would like to offer my help in
11 helping test
12 >> stabilization for the ARM platform.
13 >> I currently have a number of PI’s which I use distcc against 30+ cores, I have
14 >> access to a number of computer systems (although currently Pi is the only
15 >> one I have for Arm).
18 Hello Yury,
19
20 This is Fantastic news. What I would suggest is to jump straight to the
21 cutting edge of ARM limited Technology and work on the 64 bit Arm
22 security issues, so you are 'ahead' of the big push in Arm64 deployment. [1]
23
24 www.linaro.org
25
26 Surely embedded-gentoo will deploy on Aarch64 [2]. If you master that,
27 you are going to become an extremely valuable player in the embedded arm
28 security space, imho. Perhaps you could even update the embedded gentoo
29 handbook and add a section for aarch64 (arm64) and security on the
30 gentoo-embedded arm releases. [3] Perhaps you would be interested in
31 the port of lilblue to arm64 ? [4] Below are a few links you may find
32 interesting. [5].
35 hth,
36 James
37