From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] quickpkg and PKG_INSTALL_MASK
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 13:24:08
I got the impression from docs that PKG_INSTALL_MASK would actually
mask files out so they never get into the binary package, this doesn't
seem to happen.
Did I misunderstand? If I did, I think an MASK to do the above
would be a worthy addition to quickpkg, very useful for embedded targets to keep the pkg size down.
Also PKG_INSTALL_KEEP which would list files keep(rest is dropped) would be nice.

Oh, something else I wonder about. How does pre/post install work with
quickpkgs? Is it possible to have such scripts and then have qmerge execute
them?

Jocke