From: Justin Huff <jjhuff@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Welcome
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 01:45:08
1 > > We're kicking around the idea of creating profile(s) for the systems,
2 > > which would obviously have the bare minimum for operation and would be
3 > > using uClibc.
4 > >
5 > I'd suggest you use glibc at the moment. A uClibc-based build will be
6 > incompatible with all the pre-existing binaries.
7
8 I think it's very worthwhile to support both glibc and uclibc (and maybe
9 dietlibc). Not all embedded systems have very tight space constraints.
10 I'm working on a system here that I'm going to have 64meg of flash for
11 the system. I don't need to get all that tight.
12
13 --Justin