From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP update
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:53:06
1 Gareth McClean wrote:
2 > Don't worry, at the moment I am just confused by the relationship between syslinux and isolinux and why both are built into the image (I don't think I have a requirement for both of them). I am pretty sure all will be clear after I read more about booting from compactflash, cdrom and usb drives.
6 From the source website it seems that they have multiple very similar
7 packages, one is for booting isos, one is for booting hard disks, etc,
8 etc.... Makes sense really!
9
10 Personally I am building a heavierweight distro with a mountable roof
11 filesystem which is a real partition. I don't want to use the ram to
12 unpack any squashfs images (although perhaps I misunderstood the ram
13 requirements of this approach?). I use GRUB because I am familiar with
14 it....
15
16 Ed
17 --