From: Sebastian Rodriguez <sniper.mdr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Using iptables alone without shorewall/firehol
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:33:54
Well, I am tryng the isntall, but what you said is wrong:

"USE_FW Set to yes to have a firewall script run at startup. See FW_TYPE
option. Note that you should overlay files in the etc/shorewall or
etc/firehol directory to configure non-default options."
So ok, I say no, but in FW_TYPE I cant chosse "no", so shorewall is going to
run by default with defaul values, Thing I don't want
So someone has an idea?

On 7/14/05, Sebastian Rodriguez <sniper.mdr@×××××.com> wrote:
> > yes, thats exactly what I wanted to know ^^ > I am going to install gnap on my wrap this week-end. > > On 7/14/05, Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o> wrote: > > > > Sebastian Rodriguez wrote: > > > yes it helps of course, the thing is: by default iptables doesnt start > > > > > wit gnap? Oo as shorewall adn firehol are based on iptables I tought > > it > > > would start at boot > > > > USE_FW=yes will add iptables + shorewall (or firehol) to the runlevel. > > > > With USE_FW=no you won't have any of them. > > > > So if you so USE_FW=no and START_SERVICES="iptables" you will start > > iptables without starting shorewall/firehol, which seems to be what you > > want to do. > > > > -- > > Koon > > -- > > gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list > > > > > > > -- > Sébastien Rodriguez
-- Sébastien Rodriguez