From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] X server on minimal system
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:58:11
On 2/10/2005 21:30:20, Joe Sapp (nixphoeni@g.o) wrote:
These errors occur if you try to build X with the elfloader, but also build the modules PIC (Position Independent Code) - the relocation types you mentioned are relevant to PIC, but the elfloader doesn't understand PIC objects. However I don't know how you've ended up with them since you have 'dlloader' in your use flags - that causes X to avoid the elfloader completely, and use the system's standard shared library loader instead. It's not bitmap-fonts that causes the problem, btw - it just happens that it's the first module loaded by X, so that's the first time the error occurs. If you remove bitmap-fonts, it'll just fall over on the next module. What do you get when you do: emerge -pv x11-base/xorg-x11 and what is the output of 'emerge --info'? -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list