From: mjinks@××××××××.edu
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] the newbie and the WRAP
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 03:34:33
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 09:18:38PM -0500, mjinks@××××××××.edu wrote:
> Hi all. New here, likely to ask a dumb question or two... for example: >
<snip>
> > From the PC Engines (minimal) online docs, I found a suggestion that > adding "reboot=bios" to the kernel command line might fix this, but no > dice, and now I'm stumped.
Well it turns out that I might not be as stumped as I thought, but I did ask a dumb question. In order to add "reboot=bios" to the kernel command line, I tried editing the "isolinux.cfg" file under my gnap-extensions directory, like so: [...] append initrd=gentoo.igz root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc acpi=off looptype=squashfs loop=/livecd.squashfs cdroot Remastered, wrote the results to my CF card (I thought), and rebooted. Well, the package extension I added (elvis) shows up on my target machine, but /proc/cmdline doesn't include "reboot=bios". In fact it looks quite a bit different from the append= line above: initrd=gentoo.igz root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc acpi=off looptype=squashfs loop=/livecd.sfs cdroot=/dev/hda1 docache console=ttyS0,38400n81 BOOT_IMAGE=gentoo So clearly I've misunderstood something somewhere, and the question I should have asked is: How do I find and edit the grub.conf that will be installed on a GNAP system? (Sigh.) Thanks for any straightening out anyone can toss my way. -j -- Michael Jinks, somewhere in NSIT, part of the University of Chicago "If the future's not bright, it's colorful." -- Einsturzende Neubauten -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list