From: Marcelo Coelho <marcelocoelho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] software choices for embedded system
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:23:03
1 > I think the 'tinygentoo' howto is quite useful for what you're talking
2
3 Actually, it is my start point. I'm trying to implement a set of
4 scripts to create the ram initrd file for use with my home server and
5 even with my workstation. But, although I intend to use a X11 on ram
6 for the workstation, I want to have the smallest memory footprint
7 possible.
8
9 My idea is: create a build host for initrd files for each system type
10 that I have. These initrd files would have (only) the same software
11 that I would run every day.
12
13 My arch is x86.
16 Thanks for the help!