From: Christopher Harvey <chris@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] mentor request
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 14:00:46
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm looking for a mentor so I can become a gentoo developer.
4
5 I've been using gentoo for about 7 years as my main OS. I'm also a Linux
6 developer as my day job, and a past GSoC student. I'm sitting on a bunch
7 of ebuilds and ebuild fixes, it's a bit annoying to have to wait for
8 developers to make changes I need, in fact I mostly don't bother. Right
9 now I want to add LTTNG support to Gentoo and I'm willing to maintain
10 it. After that I will probably want to help out with crossdev and Gentoo
11 embedded.
12
13 I think the transition from user to developer will be pretty easy for me
14 and I could have done it a long time ago.
15
16 I've contacted the gentoo recruiting team and was told to look here
17 since I was mostly interested in embedded.
18
19 thanks.