From: Natanael Copa <mlists@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] dynamic linked init and initrd
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:59:48
1 On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 13:36:10 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wednesday 04 August 2004 12:36 pm, Natanael Copa wrote:
5 > > I'm using tar so I get the dirs also. I'd like to keep the links,
6 > > just add the files the links are pointing to.
7 >
8 > try passing -h to tar ...
9
10 Thanks for the tip, but I'd prefer to keep the links as links and
11 include the files the links are pointing to. The reason is that this is
12 supposed to have runtime "modules" (packages) that are pulled into the
13 ram. When this is production I might want to update some runtime modules
14 without rebooting. Then can I just replace the cd, upgrade the uclibc
15 runtime modules (package) and here we go. No need for reboot.
16
17 I mean, there is a reason that those are links and not just plain files.
18
19 I just want to make this "correct" from the beginning to aviod problems
20 in the future. :)
21
22 I'll probably end up with a script, but I will use -h til that is
23 working. Thanks
26 Natanael Copa
29 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list