From: Vitaly Ivanov <im@×××.ru>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] compilation for other target
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:03:53
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2
3 >On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 10:16, Vitaly Ivanov wrote:
6 >>Hello All!
7 >>
8 >>How can I compile tbz2 packages for Via C3 or Pentium III on Athlon XP?
12 >Your going to have to be quite a bit more detailed here if you want an
13 >intelligent response.
14 >
15 >Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
20 >>CFLAGS="-O3 -march=c3 -mmmx -m3dnow -funroll-loops -pipe"
21 >>CFLAGS="-O3 -march=athlon-xp -pipe"
22 >>
23 >>I can't use Athlon's packages on Via C3, because I got 'Illegal
24 >>instruction' error
25 >>
26 >>Thanks.
29 Ok. I'm really quite because I have problems with English language.
30
31 But my first question, fully describe my problem:
32 How to create architecture-optimized .tbz2 packages by
33 'emerge --buildpkgonly category/package-name'
34 on fast computer for the lot of slow computes with different CPU.
35
36 I try to describe my thinks, questions and probles. Please sorry my
37 English.
38
39 Our company has about ~200 computers, ~10 with Windows only, all other
40 ~190 with Gentoo Linux,
41 include notebooks. Imagine the day of update... All computer do 'emerge
42 sync && emerge -upvD world`
43 This is similar to hell!
44
45 I setup local portage mirror
46 All computers has SYNC="rsync://gentoo.company.ru/gentoo-portage"
47 option in theirs make.conf
48
49 The next. All computers export theirs 'world' files to main gentoo server.
50 This server merge these files, sort and uniq then download packages
51 and export via http.
52
53 All computers has GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.company.ru/gentoo-packages/"
54 option in theirs make.conf
55 The hell become purgatory, not paradise yet. Because all computers do
56 equal things,
57 they compile same packages.
58
59 I want to build architecturie-optimized .tbz2-packages for all
60 architecturies
61 (PentiumII, PentiumIII, PentiumIV, Via C3) on my coool gentoo server.
62 (My main question how to do it?)
63 And all computers will add
64 PORTAGE_BINHOST="http://gentoo.company.ru/rsync/releases/x86/2004.2/<architecture>/"
65 option to theirs make.conf