From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] cross compiling stage 1
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:40:55
1 Hi!
2
3 I try to cross compile a stage 1. I got the following information from a
4 thread last november:
5
6 USE="build" xmerge -p1v baselayout binutils gcc \
7 uclibc/glibc bzip2 tar gzip make ncurses coreutils gawk grep \
8 binutils-config gcc-config portage bash
9
10 This should be the packages i need.
11
12 I started with this and i have problems cross compiling bash. I tried
13 stable 3.2, stable 3.1 and stable 3.0.
14
15 What i get:
16
17 /usr/libexec/gcc/i486-unknown-linux-uclibc/ld: cannot find -lcurses
18 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
19
20 I heared this can be solved by emerging ncurses into the
21 buildroot, /usr/$CTARGET. But doing this just using ROOT=... emerge
22 leads to a libncurses linked against glibc shich again prevents me from
23 building my cross bash. Setting CHOST leads to an error.
24
25 Do i have to set some other variables? or do i have to create a basic
26 configuration for /usr/$CTARGET and ust PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT?
27
28 Are i486-unknown-linux-uclibc binaries runable on i686-pc-linux-gnu and
29 are powerpc-unknown-linux-uclibc binaries runnable on
30 powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu?
31
32 Philipp
35 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list