From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Sergey Mironov <ierton@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] glibc+iconv
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:10:18
1 On Thursday 13 October 2011 15:15:40 Sergey Mironov wrote:
2 > Hello. I have my arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi system which uses glibc and
3 > busybox. Recently I realised that iconv program doesn't exist in the
4 > tree. I've compared host's and target's glibc file lists and found
5 > that arm's version doesn't install anything to
6 > /usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/usr/bin. What can be the cause of this?
7 > Small C program shows that iconv_open function returns error code just
8 > like if there is no iconv at all. How shoud I make arm's iconv work?
9
10 see glibc's files/eblits/src_compile.eblit:
11 is_crosscompile && sed -i '1ibuild-programs = no' config.make
12
13 i imagine disabling that line will get you `iconv`
14 -mike