From: Sergey Mironov <ierton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] multi-project workflow
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 08:03:28
Hi. Model

> /usr/ >  arm-none-linux-gnueabi/ -> projectA/ >  arm-none-linux-gnueabi.orig/ >  projectA/ >  projectB/ >  ... >  projectN/ > > with arm-none-linux-gnueabi.orig/ being the original contents after > crossdev built the toolchain.  As I create projects, I would 'cp -a > arm....orig/* projectN/' >
there is one drawback here - compiler version. Looks like gentoo stores libc files in /usr/lib/gcc/arm-projectA-linux-gnueabi/1.2.3 so it will probably break something if you use different gcc for your projects.
> How do folks out there handle multiple projects with the same toolchain? > I'm thinking, since crossdev worked so well, to just build a > 'arm-projectA-linux-gnueabi' and then 'arm-projectB-linux-gnueabi' to > keep the roots separate. > What do you guys use?
I use 'arm-projectA-linux-gnueabi' approach. It works, but still not ideal - For example, I can't just copy the whole folder to another gentoo machine and continue use emerge-projectA there. I would prefer toolchain to be in a single directory, like codesourcery does. Maybe there is another solution, does anybody know? Sergey