From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Eugenio
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:26:44
1 Hi Eguenio,
2
3 when you send messages to mailing lists, you must really write a
4 useful subject line. Your first name is already shown in the sender
5 line, and the email you sent is not about yourself. Be more specific
6 please.
7
8 Some people filter and delete email based on subject alone, and spam
9 filters will of course also look at the subject. It is in your best
10 interest to use a correct and meaningful subject line.
13 Eugenio Palumbo wrote:
14 > I have a problem with crossdev ,
15
16 So at least the word crossdev should be in the subject line then.
19 > I have tried to compile or powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu that
20 > powerpc-unknown-linux-gnueabi for stbx25xx "dreambox, ipbox,dbox2"
21 > processor.
22 >
23 > The version crossdev is sys-devel/crossdev-0.9.18-r10
24 >
25 > In the script /bin/crossdev
26 > not there is the option " eabi )..... "
27 > therefore the option - gnueabi not function
28
29 What happened when you tried to use the option that was mentioned in
30 the source code?
33 > The toolchain it does not compile the sources that I give to it,
34 > for the board/CPU stvx25xx.
35
36 Please clear up the CPU name - is it stbx25xx or stvx25xx ? I assume
37 it's STB* since it's for set top boxes.
38
39 Is this really powerpc CPU?
40
41 What error messages do you get? Your entire email could almost have
42 been "crossdev-0.9.18-r10 does not build powerpc for me" and there
43 would not be a big difference in information.
44
45 I am sure that you understand that it is impossible for anyone to
46 help you without more information than that. Please mention which
47 specific versions you are trying to build and make sure to send log
48 files from your builds where you encounter errors.
51 Thanks
52
53 //Peter