From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] dropbear and telnetd problem
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 00:01:32
Jakub Ladman wrote:
> I want to use dropbear as a ssh server > I have got it via emerge, generated keys folowing code > in /etc/init.d/dropbear, changed passwd in baselaout-lite environment, ran > dropbear, but when i tryed to connect it hangs after password entering > (password is ok, error is reported if is not) > No prompt, no shell. > What have i forgotten? >
Make sure you have a valid /etc/shells defined, and include /bin/sh and /bin/ash. That one hung me up for a while. Enabling dropbear via debug foreground mode may also reveal where else it fails if shells doesn't fix your issue. --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list