From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] JTAG console wierdness
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:59:23
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Sunday 14 October 2007, Jason wrote:
3 >> So what kind of wiring error would cause CTRL-C (0x03) and <CR> 0x0d to
4 >> not get passed correctly, but [a-zA-Z0-9] to go through okay?
5 >
6 > i dont think they are getting passed through ... i think your device is
7 > operating in loop back ... but i'm not an ee guy at all, i'm just posting
8 > some of my experience ...
9 > -mike
10
11 I think I found the problem. I enabled debug in the ftdi_sio driver and
12 saw that it is echoing back what I type. It's status flags seems to be
13 jive with what I found on the net as being okay. But this guy [1]
14 mentions that the exact problem I'm having (subset: CTRL-C not making it
15 to RedBoot) is caused by flow control being enabled and the gw2348-4
16 doesn't use it.
17
18 So it looks like the FTDI cable either doesn't support disabling flow
19 control, or ftdi_sio isn't setting the flow control to none properly...
20
21 However, this is mostly academic since I found a neat hack [2] to probe
22 for the board's ip, then telnet into Redboot and send CTRL-C within a 2
23 second window. Between this and tftp, I should be able to do everything
24 I need to do.
25
26 Jason
27