From: Sven Rebhan <odinshorse@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ./configure --prefix /opt --host=armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 07:08:31
1 2009/6/15 Stephen Feyrer <steve@××××××××.uk>:
2
3 Hello Stephen,
4 > checking whether we can use epoll... configure: error: in
5 > `/root/dovecot/dovecot-1-2-6c0fb914e03e':
6 > configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
7 > See `config.log' for more details.
8
9 I would strongly suggest to use crossdev-wrappers for this kind of
10 jobs, as it automatically cares about this kind of problems. However,
11 you might want to fix this problem yourself, so here we go. When
12 cross-compiling, target programs can not be executed as they are
13 probably compiled for an incompatible architecture (as the error
14 states). Hence, you have to provide the result of the program run
15 yourself using autoconf-cache values. Try to do the following:
16
17 i_cv_epoll_works=yes ./configure --prefix=/opt
18 --host=armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi
19
20 Please check if epoll really works in your setup and change the value
21 to "no" if it doesn't.
22
23 Have fun!
24