From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Multiplatform compile
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:03:54
1 Chris PeBenito wrote:
2
3 > Well for the compiling at least, you just have to put the compiler in
4 > the path:
5 >
6 > export PATH="/opt/crossdev/ppc/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/bin:${PATH}"
7 >
8 > is what I do to run the PPC cross compiler on my x86. So do something
9 > like that, and then you just have to do is add ARCH=i386 when you do
10 > make menuconfig, etc. I haven't tried compiling a kernel with the cross
11 > compiler; perhaps kumba will correct me on this.
12
13 Kernel part is easy, just run
14
15 make ARCH=i386 CROSS_COMPILE=i586-pc-linux-gnu- <target>
16
17 And you should be fine, just make sure to set your kernel for i586 class.
20 --Kumba
23 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
24 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
25 elsewhere." --Elrond
29 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list