From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Multiplatform compile
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:03:54
Chris PeBenito wrote:

> Well for the compiling at least, you just have to put the compiler in > the path: > > export PATH="/opt/crossdev/ppc/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/bin:${PATH}" > > is what I do to run the PPC cross compiler on my x86. So do something > like that, and then you just have to do is add ARCH=i386 when you do > make menuconfig, etc. I haven't tried compiling a kernel with the cross > compiler; perhaps kumba will correct me on this.
Kernel part is easy, just run make ARCH=i386 CROSS_COMPILE=i586-pc-linux-gnu- <target> And you should be fine, just make sure to set your kernel for i586 class. --Kumba -- "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list